Spring officially begins on March 20th, and it's time to Spring Forward. Daylight saving time begins at 2AM on Sunday March 11th. Remember to set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night. Daylight saving time lasts until November 4th when we will need to set our clocks back one hour.
Let this time change be a reminder to do a few "Spring" changes.
- Change filters in your home's heating and air conditioning system. This saves energy and improves your indoor air quality. Most systems state to change filters monthly, some require a change every six months. Tip: write the date on the filter when you change it.
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide monitors. Make sure you test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide monitors as well.
Did you know?
- Two thirds of households are not in compliance with the national recommendation for the number of smoke alarms set by the National Fire Protection Association.
- About 90percent of American homes do not comply with the recommended number of carbon monoxide alarms per home.
- About 40 percent of those surveyed have no working carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.
- California requires carbon monoxide detectors in ALL single family homes with at least one detector per level. If your home does not have one, install one now. For smoke alarms, homes should have one installed at the top of each staircase and one in every bedroom or sleeping area, according to the NFPA.